Friday, January 23, 2009

A looooooooong week....

Has come to an end with a great dinner date night for the Mr and Mrs.
This week was a crazy one at work -- and I got a promotion of sorts! I will now be the Refractive Counselor and responsible for all things regarding LASIK and other refractive surgeries, as well as making visits and giving presentations to local businesses to conjure up more patients for us. I am beyond excited for the new job title, as well as the new responsibilities. Five years with The ECI has put me in the position to say I truly enjoy my job and am looking forward to new challenges!

Public speaking has never been on my list of favorite past times, but I will certainly be over any fears P.D.Q with all the talks I am supposed to give in the near future! So for any local friends and family members, this is your warning. I WILL be forcing you into a "Practice Power Point Presentation" sometime soon!

The family is doing well. The Miss's report card came home last week. She did well in all subjects, except for her unacceptable C in Social Studies. (I have NO idea what happened there.) However, Mr and I are both pleased her Math grade has remained a steady B. (I cannot preach to my Miss about her Math grades when I loathe numbers.)

The foster greyhound had a visit with a potential adopter recently, and he failed. Miserably. However, I really don't think this is his fault. The PA -- potential adopter -- seems to want everything in a dog that a greyhound isn't. Duh. Greyhounds don't need constant field trips to football games and tailgating or trips to the local dog park. They need a big squishy bed and a gentle hand to scritch their necks 12,000 times a day. Chocky the greyhound really needs to stay with us forever. Mr reminds me that two greyhounds and a small infant sound like too much for this household. Now, now. There is no infant to speak of as of today; but we will continue to plan ahead and be fully prepared for one when it arrives. :)

Off I go to continue a quiet evening at home. Mr and I might watch a movie -- unless I fall asleep at 8pm. *blush* I'm sooooooooo tired!

No comments: