Sunday, February 15, 2009

A lovely family weekend

The McHugh Clan took a mini vacation to a city north of here to hit the ski slopes. This was not the first time skiing for any of us, but it was the first time Mr and Miss visited this particular set of slopes. The day was great! The Miss was timid of the bigger runs at first, but by the end of the day she was a little dare devil of sorts. We did not take one green slope the whole day -- it was strictly blue squares and combo blue square/black diamond runs. I am so proud of my little ski girl!

The Mr took a few dives into the snow, thanks to his need for speed and some slightly cruddy slope conditions as the day went one. The Miss took one fall like a champ -- thanks to Mom retrieving the ski for her since she left it some 20 feet up hill from herself! All in all, it was a great day. Until the last run the Mrs had planned before heading in for some coffee, tennis shoes and getting things packed up for the drive home. That's when head met ice and ski patrol had to escort her down in the toboggan. Ugh. How mortifying for someone who has been skiiing for approximately 18 years! How mortifying for anyone who had to ask them to wait a moment so she could decide whether or not she needed to throw up before being put in the toboggan.

Needless to say, the ski day was over. We only had two hours to go on the 8 hour lift pass, so we didn't miss out on much. Fortunately the ski patrol and staff at the slopes are incredibly nice and super helpful. I believe I thanked them 20 times before we left. There was no way I was skiing down the remainder of the slope, since I hit my head so hard I really saw spots and I couldn't even open my eyes at first because my head hurt so terribly! But the dog sled ride as I refer to it, was by far one of the most embarrasing moments of my life so far.

In all of the excitement to leave home and start our trip Friday afternoon, we forgot our digital camera. I wish I had pictures of the Miss and Mr coming down this "huge hills" as the Miss called them. Maybe I need to leave the camera in the car from now on. Or I need to write things down to help remember!

The Mr and the Miss are moving around late this morning. We're all still very tired and sore from a busy weekend. They are getting ready to see movie Coraline in 3-D this afternoon while the Mrs stays home to unpack, do laundry and generally rest from the weekend and gear up for the week.

Much love to everyone from the McHugh Clan.

1 comment:

emilythehopeless said...

hi! thank you for the sweet comment :) your family is adorable!!